| Player & Parent Code of Conduct
1) Have FUN!
2) All players shall act as an ambassador of St Mary’s Parish always displaying respect, humility, good sportsmanship, and a positive attitude towards all teammates, opponents,coaches, officials, and fans at all times.
3) Any player earning a technical foul in a game will be immediately suspended from further play with their team. In order to resume participation with the team the player (and their parent(s), if they choose) is required to meet with both the head coach and the St. Mary’s CYO Program Director to determine the status of the player going forward.
4) Be on time to all practices and games. If you are not able to attend a game or practice, please let the coaching staff know in advance so the coach can alter his/her plans.
1) Parents and fans that choose to attend practice sessions and games are to cheer positively and respectfully for our St Mary’s team and players. Negative comments directed toward any official, coach, player, or fan will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the gym.
2) Parents are to refrain from “coaching” their child or any other player during CYO practice sessions and/or games.
3) Parents or an authorized driver MUST BE ON TIME and must enter the gym building to retrieve their child. Coaches will remain in the gym while players are waiting to be picked up. On time means in the gym no less than 5 minutes before the scheduled end time of the practice or game.
4) Any Parent that allows their child to (a) drive themselves or (b) drive with others from CYO Basketball sponsored practices and/or games must let the coach know who their child is authorized to ride with in advance.
5) Parents are a critical and important part of our Player Protection Program. Parents are to help the coaching staff to be aware of those attending practices and games. If you see someone you do not recognize in the gym, please bring it to the attention of the team’s coaching staff.
6) In the event that your child or you become aware of any activity not consistent with our overall mission of Player Protection and safety, you are to notify either the coaching staff, the CYO Board of Directors, or the CYO Program Director, at your discretion, either directly or anonymously.